Top 5 Hockey Gear Dryers
Hockey is a physically demanding sport that requires a significant amount of equipment to play safely and comfortably. One of the most important pieces of equipment is the hockey skates, which can become wet and smelly after a game or practice. To keep your skates in top condition, it is essential to have a good hockey equipment dryer. In this article, we will take a look at the top 10 hockey equipment dryers available on Amazon.
DryGuy DX Forced Air Boot Dryer and Warmer:
This dryer is a top-of-the-line option that can dry and warm up to four pairs of boots or shoes at a time. It has an adjustable thermostat and a powerful fan that circulates warm air to dry your equipment quickly and efficiently.
The DryGuy Force Dry DX is a machine that uses gentle forced air and 105-degree heat to dry two pairs of boots, shoes, or gloves in just 1 to 2 hours. It can handle a variety of wet garments, including soccer cleats and snow-filled gloves, leaving them dry and comfortable to wear. It also comes with two removable extension tubes for boots up to 16 inches tall and is safe to use on delicate garments. The dimensions of the machine are 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide and it comes with a 6-foot power cord.
[amazon box =”B010A5J5FU”]
Peet Dryer Original 4-Shoe Electric Dryer:
This dryer is a simple, yet effective option that can dry two pairs of shoes or boots at a time. It has a built-in thermostat and a powerful heating element that dries your equipment in just a few hours.
Keep your feet happy and healthy with PEET Advantage Plus; It dries and deodorizes shoes, boots and more, removing wet, sweat and odor so you never have to step into soggy shoes again
Extends the life of your footwear by eliminating moisture that can deteriorate materials; Dry 2 pairs of shoes at once or attach PEET DryPorts (sold separately) to dry gloves, helmets and more
Quietly dries and deodorizes your footwear in just 1 to 4 hours; Choose between a heat/fan setting or a no-heat setting and set your dry time; We’ve moved the controls to the top for easier use
Perfect for running shoes, cycling shoes, hiking boots and more; PEET safely and effectively dries leather, rubber, vinyl, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, fleece, felt, microfiber and more
Take advantage of our 5-year warranty by registering within 10 days of purchase; Our product are designed to last and we’re confident that your PEET Dryer will exceed expectations for years to come.
[amazon box =”B09M4BNCRC”]
MaxxDry SD Boot Dryer and Warmer:
This dryer is a versatile option that can dry and warm up to four pairs of boots or shoes at a time. It has a built-in thermostat and a powerful fan that circulates warm air to dry your equipment quickly and efficiently.
The MaxxDry Heavy Duty Dryer is a powerful machine that can quickly eliminate unwanted moisture in boots, shoes, and gloves in just an hour. It utilizes a 240 watt heating element that generates gentle airflow to remove odor and moisture while heating up to 105 degrees Fahrenheit. The dryer is compatible with standard 120V AC household outlets and can be safely used on a variety of materials such as leather, PVC, rubber, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, cloth, fleece, felt, micro, and all modern fabrics. This durable and compact machine weighs approximately 3.25 lbs and has dimensions of 8.55 x 3.5 x 8.0 inches. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
[amazon box =”B01MSWD8I4″]
This dryer is a compact option that can dry one pair of boots or shoes at a time. It has a built-in heating element and a powerful fan that circulates warm air to dry your equipment quickly and efficiently.
This hockey equipment dryer can dry gear in a matter of hours, making it suitable for sports such as hockey, football, lacrosse and more. It not only dries the equipment but also preserves and aerates it, thus extending its life. The dryer also helps in saving space by storing the equipment and is made of rust-proof cold rolled steel. It has a sturdy construction and easy snap-together set up for easy assembly.
[amazon box =”B004CVZXNC”]
Peet Dryer Mates 4-Shoe Electric Dryer:
This dryer is a simple, yet effective option that can dry four pairs of shoes or boots at a time. It has a built-in thermostat and a powerful heating element that dries your equipment in just a few hours.
PEET Advantage Plus is an effective solution for keeping your feet happy and healthy by drying and deodorizing shoes, boots and other footwear, eliminating wetness, sweat and odor. It can also extend the life of your footwear by removing moisture that can damage materials. With the ability to dry two pairs of shoes at once or attach PEET DryPorts (sold separately) to dry gloves, helmets, and more. It dries and deodorizes your footwear in just 1 to 4 hours, with quiet operation and the option of heat/fan setting or no-heat setting and set dry time. The controls are on the top for ease of use. The PEET Advantage Plus is perfect for running shoes, cycling shoes, hiking boots and more, it safely and effectively dries leather, rubber, vinyl, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, fleece, felt, microfiber, and more. It comes with a 5-year warranty by registering within 10 days of purchase. It is a product that is designed to last and exceed expectations for years to come.
[amazon box =”B09M4BNCRC”]
In conclusion, having a good hockey equipment dryer is essential to keep your skates and other equipment in top condition. The above-listed dryers are all available on Amazon and are some of the best options available on the market. They
Everything You Need to Know About Using a Hockey Gear Dryer: Frequently Asked Questions
How do you dry hockey gear?
Hockey gear can be dried using a few different methods, depending on the type of gear and the level of moisture present. Some common methods include:
- Air drying: This is the simplest and most natural method of drying hockey gear. Simply hang the gear up in a well-ventilated area and allow it to air dry. This method is best used for gear that is only slightly damp.
- Drying with a towel: Use a towel to absorb as much moisture as possible from the gear. Then hang the gear in a well-ventilated area to air dry.
- Using a dryer: A dryer can be used to dry hockey gear, but it’s important to use the lowest heat setting and to ensure that the gear is not too wet before putting it in the dryer. It’s also important to not over dry the gear, as it can cause shrinkage or damage to the gear.
- Using a boot dryer: Boot dryers are specialized equipment that are designed to dry boots and other footwear quickly and efficiently. They use a combination of heat and air to dry the gear.
- Using a forced air dryer: Forced air dryers are similar to boot dryers, but they can also be used to dry other types of gear, such as gloves, pants, and even shoulder pads. They use a combination of heat and high-speed air to dry the gear quickly and thoroughly.
It’s important to note that it’s not recommended to put any hockey gear in the washing machine or submerge it in water as it can damage some of the materials, padding or electronic equipment.
How do I keep my hockey gear from smelling?
Using a hockey dryer is a great way to keep your hockey gear from smelling. Here are a few tips on how to do this:
- Clean the gear before drying: Before using a hockey dryer, make sure to clean the gear thoroughly. This can be done by wiping down the gear with a damp cloth or using a specialized hockey gear cleaner. This will remove any dirt or bacteria that may be contributing to the odor.
- Use a deodorizing agent: Some hockey dryers come with built-in deodorizing options, such as UV-C light or Ozone generator which can kill bacteria and eliminate odors. Alternatively, you can add a deodorizing agent, such as baking soda or a specialized hockey gear deodorizer, to the dryer to help eliminate odors.
- Dry the gear thoroughly: Make sure to dry the gear thoroughly. This will remove any remaining moisture that could contribute to the odor. If using a forced air dryer, make sure to dry all sides and crevices of the gear, to ensure that no moisture is left behind.
- Store the gear properly: Once the gear is dry, make sure to store it properly. This means in a cool, dry place, preferably with a good airflow. Avoid storing the gear in a damp or humid area, as this can contribute to the growth of bacteria and odors.
- Clean the dryer after each use: Clean the dryer after each use, this will remove any bacteria or odors that may have been transferred to the dryer during the drying process.
By following these tips, you can effectively eliminate odors from your hockey gear and keep it smelling fresh and clean.
5 Tips For Choosing the Right Hockey Equipment Dryer
With all the different options, it can be hard to know which hockey equipment dryer is right for you! Read this post to see our top five tips and find the right one today.
- Consider the Size and Capacity of the Dryer.
- Look at the Airflow Settings Available.
- Choose a Model that is Low Maintenance.
- Investigate the Control Features on Offer.
- Check for Safety Features Like Temperature Control and Timers.
Finding the right hockey equipment dryer can seem overwhelming, but with the right information and some guidance, you can find the one that works best for you. Here are our top five tips on how to choose the perfect hockey equipment dryer to keep your gear in top condition.
Consider the Size and Capacity of the Dryer.
When choosing a hockey equipment dryer, size and capacity are two important factors to consider. You want to make sure the dryer is large enough for all the gear you need to use it on, such as helmets, gloves, skates, and pants. Pay close attention to the dimensions of the dyer when selecting one so that you can fit all your equipment within it comfortably.
Look at the Airflow Settings Available.
It’s important that your chosen hockey equipment dryer has adjustable air settings so you can set it to the right temperature and drying time for your specific needs. Some dryers will even have multiple speed settings, which allow you to customize the speed and time according to the delicate nature of certain items. This is especially useful if you frequently use a variety of garments with different fabric thicknesses.
Investigate the Control Features on Offer.
When selecting a hockey equipment dryer, examine the available control features to ensure that it fulfills all of your drying needs. You should look for a model that has adjustable temperature controls so you can adjust the settings based on your preference or the type of material you are drying. Additionally, select one with an automatic shut-off feature for added safety and convenience. A timer may also be helpful to avoid over-drying or having to constantly monitor the unit during extended use.
Check for Safety Features Like Temperature Control and Timers.
It’s important to check for safety features when purchasing a hockey equipment dryer, as high temperatures can potentially cause harm to fabrics and materials. Look for a model that has adjustable temperature controls and an automatic shut-off feature so you can adjust the settings based on your preference or the type of material being dried. Additionally, select one with a timer to ensure that it won’t over-dry or require constant monitoring during extended use.